As a farm owner, you face numerous risks that could damage your valuable assets or create financial hardship for your operations. Securing a comprehensive insurance portfolio can help protect your business and property. Contact our agency today to learn more about your farm insurance options.
What Does Farm Insurance Include?
There are many insurance options for farm owners. These include the following:
- Farm liability insurance—If your farm operations cause bodily injuries or property damage to others, this coverage may help you compensate them for their losses (e.g., medical bills). It may also help pay for legal fees that arise from these claims.
- Farm structures insurance—Structures and outbuildings, such as barns, silos and sheds, may be a vital part of your operations. This coverage may provide protection if they are damaged by covered events such as fires, lightning or windstorms.
- Farm dwelling insurance—If you live on your farm, this coverage may protect the structure of your house if it is damaged by a covered peril.
- Farm equipment and tractor insurance—Tractors, combines and other farm equipment, such as pumps, sprayers and planters, are valuable assets vital to many farming operations. This coverage may help pay for repair or replacement costs if they are damaged by a covered cause of loss.
- Crop insurance—This coverage may help replace lost income if your crops are damaged by covered perils.
- Farm livestock insurance—For operations with livestock, animal loss could present a significant risk to your operations. This coverage may help mitigate those risks by providing coverage if your livestock is lost due to covered events, such as loading or unloading accidents or severe weather.
- Equine insurance—If you own horses, this coverage may provide injury or mortality protection for them.
- Workers’ compensation insurance—If you hire full- or part-time employees, workers’ compensation may provide funds for medical expenses or supplemental income if work-related injuries or illnesses keep them from working.
Other coverage options may be available, and plans can generally be customized to meet your specific needs. Contact your agent for details regarding available policies, exclusions and limits.
How to Get Farm Insurance
Sun Valley Insurance are determined to help you learn more about farm and ranch insurance policies so you can make the best decision on a policy for you and your farm. Contact us today to get started.